The dyeworks factory "Clerici" was founded more
than 100 years ago, and it has operated in silk
dyeing ever since.
Dyeworks factory "Clerici"
was founded by Mr. Clerici and Mr. Ottobelli in
1887. In 1901 the management of the factory passed
to Alessandro Clerici.
Originally the head
office was in Milan. At the end of the 19th
century Milan was, with Como, one of the main
centres for the silk trade.
WWII the factory became so successful that an
expansion was in order. Head offices were thus
moved to a wider area in Milan. A new technology,
called "mineral silk charge" was introduced. This
was mainly targeted to the weaving factories
producing silk ties. In this phase the Chief
Executive Officer is Arturo Clerici.
'80s, under the guide of Alessandro and Marco
Clerici the factory was transferred out of Milan
and into Como, prompted by the expansion of the
firm and the fact that most of its clients were in
the Como area.
The long history of the
"Clerici" factory has never stood in the way of
forward-thinking policies implemented by its
CEOs. Today we think that our main effort should
be headed towards research and development of new
technologies and innovative processes. These will
guarantee the highest product quality and design
originality requested by our Clients in order to
compete in an ever-demanding and expanding market.